Last week a comment left on my home page informed me that I had been awarded “The Versatile Blogger” Award Badge – what an honor! This brought with it some more research into the world of blogging awards.
So, let’s see what is required to honor the title of Versatile Blogger:
First a great big Thank You to Megan from Make Something Mondays. I have been following Megan for a while and have found her posts to be full of humor, great ideas and indeed versatile! Make sure to check her out when you are surfing the net.
Second, I am to provide 15 blogs that I visit or follow on a regular basis, and in turn nominate their creators for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Once Upon A Dream – My favorite artist blogger in Norway!
Live to Write – Write to Live – Professional writers talk about the craft and business of writing. Insightful and informative – I look forward to each post!
A Travel and Tea Diary – Yes, its a blog about the art of drinking tea while traveling! Check out the cities and rich history the author uncovers.
Sketches & Jottings – A visual feast!
Mazeinpuzzles – Full of intrigue and a must on your list of blogs to check out!
Diannajessie – For quilters and sewers, a blog based in England filled with great projects and information.
Art Profiles – A blog devoted to artists from around the world – any medium and great diversity.
Photo Botos – Another of my favorite blogs featuring regular posts with captivating photography.
Angela Shella – Insightful and thought provoking by a musical artist and philosopher in her own right.
Savoring Every Bite – Just as it says in the name – all about food!
Walking with a Smacked Pentax – Based in Yorkshire this blog is all about the area the artist lives in. A great resource!
Elaine Quehl – An accomplished artist, teacher, lecturer and great writer, Elaine shares insights and generates discussion. Worth checking into!
Margaret Blank – Another fiber artist, Marg is based in rural Alberta, Canada and has been blogging for 9 years.
Abe Pacana Outdoor Photography – Great imagery and photographic tips for shooting outdoors!
Manipal’s Photoblog – Information packed and amazing photography!
And Third, I am to share seven things about myself:
1. I acquired my first computer in December of 1999 – just before Y2K: Does anyone remember that panic? I had never sent an email till then… Once I set up my blue clam-shell iBook there was not turning back!
2. One of my passions is creating digital presentations in Keynote. Since discovering all the amazing features this Apple program offers I am constantly challenging myself to come up with new transitions and image sequences.
3. I love photography and take a camera wherever I go. On March 1st I started a photography blog featuring one image and inspirational quote each day. Check it out and leave a comment!
4. Nature serves as my constant source of inspiration. I am inspired by a sunrise, the sunset and anything in between!
5. When I don’t spend time in the studio I enjoy a good read on my iPad. My favorite writer is Geraldine Brooks, an Australian born writer and former middle east correspondent. I enjoy her biographical and historically based novel alike!
6. My favorite kitchen appliance is my KitchenAid mixer. I love to bake and entertain friends for dinner. I am constantly trying out new recipes.
7. Daily walks along the lake with my dog provide balance and time for reflection!