Just a week ago I shared that when I finished my last quilt sparked some great new ideas, least of all one for a new workshop. I have a few samples to use for such a workshop, but in all honesty, nothing fires me up more than new work.
All winter I dabbled in this and that. I completed the triptych (incidentally also in silk) for the FFAA “Prairies” exhibition in Edmonton. This is different: I actually have some concrete sketches and firm goals to create a body of work that incorporates my hand-dyed cottons with silk in strong hues. The thought is, not to make the pieces very large – but initial goals about size have been abandoned in every other work created in the past. I am allowing myself space and leeway to respond to future influences and ideas. For now I just wanted to share this rich, colorful image of my inspirational fabric.