I can understand why! We have a fabulous line up of entries for this contest.
Here is what I would consider if I had a chance to vote:
- Originality: Is the entry 100 % original or has the entrant used a commercial fabric and enhanced it?
- Photography is original: The entrant had to have been to the places captured!
- Has the entrant created the background fabric, such as in the image above: the artists rusted her own fabric and then “discovered” the owl imagery to lead her in her stitches and embellishments.
- Has the entrant started with a blank sheet of paper and found the courage to place lines and patterns?
- Has the entrant not only added background stitches but also appliqued shapes?
These are the factors that would guide me in casting my vote(s). I will be revealing the artists names once the voting closes on September 7th at midnight.
Remember: You have one vote a day! Have a great long weekend everyone! It is the last of the summer and rain is in the forecast here…