We just arrived home from a long weekend get-away to Nelson, BC. And it looks like we picked the best time to go camping! Today the wind is blowing, the sky is grey and there is even snow in the forecast for Saskatchewan. I will stay optimistic and concentrate on the better things in life.
It’s time to share some exciting news: If you are in Calgary this coming weekend make sure to take time and visit Heritage Park for its Annual Quilt Extravaganza! One of my Art Quilt Campus week 1 participants is the Quilter of Distinction this year. Trudy Cowan will be sharing her creations in the old Canmore Opera House, near the entrance/exit of Heritge Park. Congratualtions, Trudy! Wish I could be there!
Here are the details Trudy shared with me:
Heritage Park Festival of Quilts
Saturday, May 27 & Sunday, May 28, 2017
10:00am – 5:00pm
It’s the 22nd anniversary of the Festival of Quilts and we have a lot in store for Western Canada’s largest outdoor quilt show! The theme for 2017 is My Canada. Quilting fun all over the Park for avid quilters and those who simply enjoy viewing the beautiful work.
- Merchants’ Mall – businesses from across western Canada offering the ‘latest and greatest’.
- Quilt Community Showcase – Visit with guild members to discover quilting in Calgary.
- How-to Demonstrations will inspire your creativity
- Meet 2017 Quilter of Distinction, Trudy Cowan – enjoy her work in the Canmore Opera House.
- Special display – Vintage Quilts from our very own vault, some over 100 years old!
- Festival of Quilts Dinner – a sumptuous dinner in Gasoline Alley Museum’s Grand Hall and an evening of entertainment with Judith Baker Montano as she presents “Crazy Quilt Journeys”.
Iron Quilt Challenge – Machines and fingers will fly – watch three teams of four square off for the first ever Festival of Quilts Iron Quilt Challenge! Sat. May 27 from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
I’m so excited to be attending for the first time. I look forward to meeting Trudy Cowen and sewing her work. I’m happy to hear of her connection to you.
Linda, Trudy and I have not met in person. She will be attending Art Quilt Campus for the first time this year in August… she registered because her very good friend Marilyn is returning after she had a great time last year. I look forward to meeting her later this summer. Enjoy Heritage Park – wish I could be there. It has been 10 years that I attended it last.