…and a muslin fits well enough to embellish.
Earlier this month I converted some embellished rayon fabric (from wrap around pants I never felt comfortable in) into a reversible skirt for summer.
Last week I decided to make a muslin for a sleeveless blouse from an old Vogue pattern that I used in the past but was never happy with its final fit. I used bleached PFD cotton and was very pleased when the top fit perfectly this time. In fact it turned out so well…
…that I felt it would be a shame to just set it aside as a sample. I pulled some rayon sewing threads to tie in the colours from the skirt and added simple running stitches for detail and colour.
The blouse is ready… summer can come… if only the snow we received over the weekend would melt and the mercury would climb! 🤣
Wishing everyone a fabulous and creative week!